Among The Importance of Replacing your Air Conditioner.
- A new air conditioner will enhance air quality inside your home and give it a comfortable feeling.
- With new machines, it will mean new warranties. It can translate to 10 years in warranties as this is time used by most manufacturers.
- Getting yourself will make you have peace of mind. You will not have to worry about the future breakdown of the air conditioner. Mostly you will find that gas furnace and air conditioner were installed the same day. This should not stress you planning to upgrade them at the same time, you can choose to do it one by one.
Steps to Follow When You Don’t Know Whether to Replace or Repair your AC Unit
- The first thing you are supposed to do is inspect the outside of the air condition. Inspect the fins if they are flat or damaged. If the damage sustained by the fins is 20% or 30% this will clearly show the amount of heat loss by your machine and thus the comfort inside the house.
- People prefer enclosed units because they are good at protecting the fins from either bad weather conditions or interference by animals.
- Apart from inspecting the outside part of the machine, you need to consider SEER. SEER is a method of measuring unit of the Cheap Air Conditioning in Melbourne. Having 10 units of SEER and the machine goes a distance of 10 miles in the gallon. Because most individuals can relate to this, we can compare that to cars. 20 units of SEER can be 20 miles in each gallon. That will translate to a 100% increment inefficiency. Having high SEER will mean high savings in energy.
- After that look at the sticker on the unit. The manufacturing date should be present. This is essential since air conditioners are supposed to stay for a period of 12 to 17 years. If your air conditioner is old basing their life span that tells you that you are supposed to acquire yourself a new one.
- Reading a sticker might be difficult especially if you are dealing with old air conditioners. If you really find yourself in this situation, you will have to involve professionals. Professionals can help you know the age of AC and also give you the way forward. Just remember you are in for the whole cooling of your home and not just cooling.